Why doesn't BGP...

Neil J. McRae neil at easynet.net
Mon Nov 11 10:34:07 UTC 1996

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996 09:35:09 -0800 (PST)
 Ed Morin <edm at halcyon.com> alleged:

> On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Neil J. McRae wrote:
>
> > Try reading the manual. How is the router supposed to know what
>
> Well, until _somebody_ writes the definitive "Nutshell" book we
> all know just how useful the "FM" is to "RT".

Up until about 1 month ago I'd never used a CISCO router in my life.

Just by reading Cisco's web site I have full mesh BGP4 with reflection
and aggregation...

If a few people actually read what BGP4 does and what your routers
implementation of BGP4 does, there would far lower problems on the net.

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
neil at EASYNET.NET        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)