Cisco for dummies?

Deepak Jain deepak at jain.com
Fri Nov 8 17:02:23 UTC 1996

(Assuming this hasn't already been done and I am the one that is uninformed)

Has anyone though of how much money some publisher could make with a
Cisco for Dummies<tm> book? Say it runs $49.95 and is 2000 pages. It has
every obscure use of every command in say the IP IOS or Netflow Switching
or everything Cisco makes [depending on size here] It strikes me that
the UniversCD and the bound/hard copy manuals [including the ones from
the classes] are not all that useful unless you remember the approximate
syntax of the command or that it has been expanded in the next version of
IOS.

Lots of companies make books solely elaborating on the references
provided by the manufacturer [ala Osborne on Borland and such].

It boggles my mind to figure how many they would probably sell [one for
every customer router?]

Then again, I guess Cisco would sell it at they standard rates. $1095 for
the 3 volume set on CD.

WARNING: There is some sarcasm in this message.

-Deepak.