BGP Configuration Problem

Jon 'tex' Boone tex at isc.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 8 14:32:05 UTC 1996

Excerpts from nanog: 7-Nov-96 BGP Configuration Problem @psc.edu (1182)

> There are three routers A, B and C.  These are in ASa, ASb and ASc,
> respectively.  B imports 10.1.64/19 from A and 10.1/16 from C.  What
> we were expecting was for B's route to the /19 to be via A, just because
> this is the more specific route.  However, the only route (both in the
> BGP and routing tables on B) is for the entire /16 via C.

To really help, we need more data.  Can you do a "show ip bgp" or
equivalent and post it?  It would also be helpful to do a "show config"
and provide the BGP configuration information.

Jon Boone		Operations Engineer
ISC Networking          University of Pennsylvania
tex at isc.upenn.edu	(215) 898-2477