BBN bitten again?

David Carmean dlc at silcom.com
Fri Nov 1 19:32:13 UTC 1996

I haven't seen any traffic on outage-discuss at academ.com  in the
month that I've been subscribed, so I don't know if this has
been hashed over already.  Perhaps this discussion should be
redirected there, but...

I think it might be useful to have a list that an ISP or other
Net user could check to see if a problem had been _reported_,
or to see the extent of an outage as reported by the users of
the systems in question.  I know my helpdesk people would like
to know about unreachable sites before they go having
Joe Luser tear apart his trumpwsk.ini.  I realize NANOG is
not the place, but neither is a cacophony like inet-access.

There are only a few vendors using the RA's IPN page...and
outage-discuss is for the discussion of mechanisms to report
such...why not just create a list for the discussion of
outages themselves in the mean time?

In a previous message, Jared Mauch wrote:

[snip]
> and we can form a group that wants to go after vendors.
[snip]

--
David Carmean           WB6YZM          DC574           <dlc at silcom.com>
        System/Network Administration, Silicon Beach Communications