BBN bitten again?

Apu apu at spfld.com
Fri Nov 1 17:16:24 UTC 1996

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Kent W. England wrote:

> Since early yesterday, much or all of BBN Cambridge has been down.
> Anyone know what is going on? More rodent adventures? Or did that gasoline
> truck I fantasized about really turn over into the parking level?

Since you asked...

Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:48:31 GMT
From: Internet Operations Center <ops at bbnplanet.com>
Subject: #64057/9 (sites)cambridge2-cr2:The cambridge2-cr2 router has...

Ticket Number: 64057                 Ticket Opened:   10/31/96  08:03 GMT
Ticket Type:   unplanned/network     Ticket Source:   noc
Ticket Scope:  sites                 What:            cambridge2-cr2
Ticket Owner:  noc                   Report Time:     10/31/96  10:31 GMT
Author:        mgreenla              Problem Started: 10/31/96  07:58 GMT

Original Problem Description:
    The cambridge2-cr2 router has become unresponsive causing
    connectivty problems for all customers homed off this
    POP.

*** Note #9
    The SSE on this router was disabled.  Planet network
    engineering working with the NOC reloaded the router
    and connectivity was restored.

    Network engineering is investigating the root cause of
    this outage.

BBN Planet Corporation, provider of world-class Internet Services
including AT&T WorldNet(SM) Managed Internet Services.
For more information, contact our Internet Operations Center at
1.800.632.7638 or 1.617.873.8730 or ops at bbnplanet.com.

 _
| |
|-|