Stargates (In Defense of J.F.)

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Tue May 28 04:13:03 UTC 1996

On Mon, 27 May 1996, Jim Fleming wrote:

> On Sunday, May 26, 1996 10:50 AM, Dorian Kim[SMTP:dorian at cic.net] wrote:
> @ On Sun, 26 May 1996, Tim Bass wrote:
> @
> @ > Excuse me just a little, but I would like to follow-up on the
> @ > Bush-o-Gram with regard to Jim Fleming and others whom Randy
> @ > would love to silence in this world.
> @
>
> I am not sure why people on the Internet want to silence people.
> I thought that the Internet was born with a basic goal of breaking
> down centralized control over information flow and the censorship
> that always goes with power being concentrated in a few people's
> hands (or minds)...

Humm, I don't think ARPA cared about breaking down centralized control
over information flow and censorship. They wanted to connect DOD computers
together and could care less about most of the things the internet is used
for today.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales at netrail.net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34