safety of route servers

Sean Doran smd at icp.net
Sat May 25 01:47:11 UTC 1996

| on the flip side, sean, i don't know of an instance yet where route
| servers that merit had declared "in production" have screwed anybody's
| pooch.  you're passing from tacky toward catty, clearly the route servers
| and N**2 peering at exchange points is an idea whose time has not yet
| passed.

So?  I said already that I'd love to be proven wrong in my belief
that (based on much history, some before the RA) route servers simply
won't work in the current Internet.

Just think of it this way: the ability to peer reliably and with a minimum
of negative side-effects with _many_ NAP-or-MAE-attached networks
and using fairly complicated policy under the control of my colleagues
and me would be a potentially very profitable situation for Sprint Corp.

	Sean.