topological "closeness" (RE: Web o' Wonder)

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Mon May 13 18:54:41 UTC 1996

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Mike Trest wrote:

> I am implementing a CACHE simply to improve on-net customer satisfaction.  I
> expect the operational costs to be much less than the equivilent backbone or
> transit costs. If it has a side effect of reducting meet point traffic, then
> the entire net benefits.

Doesn't this require reconfiguring the customer's browsers to point at a
proxy?

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael at memra.com