I-D (Re: Out of date contact information )

Paul A Vixie paul at vix.com
Tue May 7 07:12:21 UTC 1996

[Curtis]
> As with anything else, report fires to trouble for fastest response.
> It might be worth putting security down to serve a similar role as
> routing (for questions or coordination not requiring immediate
> response).
> ANS uses routing the same way uunet and esnet do.  I think MCI does
> the same.  Netcom is in the minority.

OK, SECURITY and CERT are now different.  TROUBLE and NOC and ROUTING
are now all different.

[Curtis]
> BTW - do we want to mention "root" as the system administration of a
> specific host to report things like "your multicast implementation is
> broken and spewing ICMP packets" or other "fix that beast" messages.

No.  This is particular to UNIX.  For this kind of thing, use TROUBLE.
To report it per host, use TROUBLE at host.  To report per domain, use
TROUBLE at domain.

[Curtis]
> It would be great if later you could include some of the NIC and IRR
> mailboxes.  Maybe next revision.  For example:
>
> 	auto-dbm   Automated Registry    Register routing objects
> 		except MCI - auto-rr at mci.net
>
> Only problem is I don't think there is consistency in the address
> registries and routing registries use of mail aliases.  Maybe this
> could go on the RA web page and when there is better consistency, put
> this in an RFC.

Thank you for finishing with what was going to be my objection and my
recommendation.  I think that the RADB concept is sufficiently complex
and well advanced that it deserves its own standard-contacts documents,
which would contain a lot more information than just e-mail addresses.