Peering Policies and Route Servers
marten at BayNetworks.com
Thu May 2 14:48:52 UTC 1996
Jessica Yu <jyy at ans.net> writes
* This could happen at a non-broadcast media NAP such as ATM nap when the
* PVCs between RS-A & RS-B are up but the PVC between A-B is down. But it's
* less likely to happen on a broadcast media NAP.
* It'd be ideal that the RS is injected with some intellegence to detect the
* fact that A can no long talk to B directly and thus stop passing routes betw
* A & B. This will avoid the problem. But as you pointed out, it rarely
* happens so it may not worth the effort.
But the question is whether there will be more NBMA type NAPs in the
future. Point to MultiPoint for BGP, I like it ;-)
More information about the NANOG