Telco discussions

Mark M. Borchers markb at infi.net
Thu Jun 27 11:57:16 UTC 1996

> I'm evaluating the new cisco 2524 with internal CSU/DSU, and it looks
> like the default is ESF/B8ZS on this box too.  Maybe there's hope for
> the vendors catching up with reality on this front afterall.

Ditto with the equipment I use from LARSCOM.  Defaults are D4/AMI/RS449.
The hardware itself seems just about bulletproof, however.  Although
the telcos seem to have never heard of it.

> Anyone have experience mixing different vendor CSU/DSUs and getting
> things like remote loopback to work?

I don't recall having problems on T1's.  I'm told that mixing vendor
equipment on IMUXed multiple T1's is a recipe for disaster and therefore
haven't tried to do it.