Sprint NAP

Tim Salo salo at msc.edu
Thu Jun 20 19:38:06 UTC 1996

> To: Peter Lothberg <roll at stupi.se>
> Cc: "nanog" <nanog at merit.edu>
> Subject: Sprint NAP
> From: Daniel Karrenberg <Daniel.Karrenberg at ripe.net>
> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:04:26 +0200
>
>   > Peter Lothberg <roll at stupi.se> writes:
>   >
>   > 		SPRINT NETWORK ACCESS POINT (NAP)
>   > 		       TERMS AND CONDITIONS
>   > ....
>   >
>   > 6.	IP Address Assignment
>   >
>   > The customer shall receive his IP address assignment(s) from Sprint.  Any
>   > address(es) provided by Sprint shall remain the property of Sprint ...
> Address ownership .... what a concept.
> Although this is doing the right thing, the wording is dubious.

Actually, I believe that the addresses in question are _host_ addresses,
(for devices directly attached to the Sprint NAP).  I don't quite know
what someone would do with a Sprint NAP host address if they "kept"
it.

You are correct that the language seems rather emphatic to networking
types, but it probably works well for the lawyers.

-tjs