critique of NANOG meeting

Jeff Young young at mci.net
Wed Jun 19 23:06:33 UTC 1996

i think he's just bored.  he's done it all and his name hasn't
been in the press enough lately.  although the latest ieee spectrum
has him on the cover with a big slide rule.  i gotta find the time
to read that article.
perhaps he's fishing for venture capital for something new and needs
good press (or any press - or any press is good press).
perhaps it has something to do with the internet :-)

i used to think that he was ridiculous as well, but it's just
too easy.  he might not fully understand the issues but i'm
sure that there are a hundred or so folks who used to work for
him who would be glad to explain them to him over the phone.
i think that there is a purpose here.

Jeff Young
young at mci.net