Address allocation stats

Joel M Snyder, bucket o' bits Joel_M_Snyder at Opus1.COM
Fri Jun 7 04:20:35 UTC 1996

Although the 0-127 nets are allocated 100%, they are hardly
heavily used.  The table I made up here is a few months old,
but I suspect there has been little change.  In fact, only
about 1/3 of the available space is assigned from this range.

3 General Electric Company
4 Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc. (SATNET)
6 Army (YUMA-NET)
8 Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc. (BBNCCNET), listed as "temp" since 1992
9 IBM Corporation
11 DoD Intel Information Systems
12 AT&T Bell Laboratories
13 Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
14 Public Data Network
15 Hewlett-Packard Company
16 Digital Equipment Corporation
17 Apple Computer Incorporated
18 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
19 Ford Motor Company
20 Computer Sciences Corporation
21 DDN-RVN (Army, not US)
22 Defense Information Systems Agency
24 Being partitioned; 24.0 -> 24.3 "@Home"
25 Royal Signals and Radar Establishment
26 Defense Information Systems Agency  (NET-MILNET)
28 DSI-North
29 Defense Information Systems Agency  (NET-MILX25-TEMP)
30 Defense Information Systems Agency  (NET-ARPAX25-TEMP)
32 Norsk Informasjonsteknologi  (NET-NORGESNETT)
33 DLA Systems Automation Center
34 Halliburton Company
35 MERIT Computer Network
36 Stanford University
38 Performance Systems International
40 Eli Lilly and Company
43 Japan Inet  (NET-JAPAN-A)
44 Amateur Radio Digital Communications  (NET-AMPRNET)
45 Interop Show Network  (NET-SHOWNETA)
46 Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc.  (NET-BBNNET)
47 Bell-Northern Research  (NET-BNR)
48 Prudential Securities Inc.  (NET-PRUBACHE)
49 Joint Tactical Command, Control, and Communications Agency  (NET-JITCNET1)
50 Joint Tactical Command, Control, and Communications Agency  (NET-JITCNET2)
51 Department of Social Security of UK  (NET-ITSANET)
52 E.I. duPont de Nemours and Co., Inc.  (NET-DUPONT1)
53 cap debis ccs  (NET-DB-NET2) (Deutches Bundespost?)
54 Merck and Co., Inc. (NET-MERCK2)
55 Boeing Computer Services, RCAS
56 U.S. Postal Service  (NET-USPS1)
57 SITA-Societe Internationale de Telecommunications Aeronautiques
1 Reserved
2 Reserved
5 Reserved
7 Reserved
10 Reserved
23 Reserved
27 Reserved
31 Reserved
37 Reserved
39 Reserved
41 Reserved
42 Reserved
58 through 126 Reserved
0, 127 Reserved by RFC1812; cannot ever be used

jms

Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Phone: +1 520 324 0494 (voice)  +1 520 324 0495 (FAX)
jms at Opus1.COM    http://www.opus1.com/jms    Opus One