MAE-West is up again ( RA Contract Value )

Gordon Cook cook at netaxs.com
Mon Jun 3 21:40:15 UTC 1996

call it what you will!  I meant to say **not** used until other efforts
have failed.  in the meantime, bill has just about stated that current rates
are on web pages.  As i said a moment ago it would be nice if someone
would post them.

I have also been told privately by a knowledgable source whom i know well
and trust, that pricing info charged in a federal contract that the
awardee consisders proprietary is NOT FOIAble.  If this is an accurate
reflection of reality, then I think the reality sucks.

The NAPs are lacking in any effective oversight and I believe there is the
possibility that some of the providers MIGHT be doing some strange things
with pricing.  I have heard some specific complaints about sprint.... but
not in the last 90 days.  If others are concerned about this I'd be happy
to have their private mail.  Depending on the outcome of that I'd
certainly publish something, *if* there is something to be published.

Please don't ask my definition of effective oversight.  At the moment i
haven't got one.

The COOK Report on Internet                   Individ. hard copy   $150
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA         Small Corp & Gov't   $200
(609) 882-2572 phone and fax                  Corporate            $350
Internet: cook at cookreport.com                 Corporate Site Lic.  $650
http://pobox.com/cook/  for new report: "Tracking Internet Infrastructure"