Why aren't ISPs providing stratum 1 NTP service?

Dean Gaudet dgaudet at hotwired.com
Tue Jul 23 10:15:45 UTC 1996

In article <hot.mailing-lists.nanog-199607222012.AA05135 at jotun.EU.net>,
Per Gregers Bilse  <bilse at EU.net> wrote:
>Yep, works.  Management isn't a problem if each box is fitted with
>two interfaces and addresses, one for public consumption of contents,
>one for internal use.  Not that we have done any of this for real (yet).

I've actually been doing that here for months (different service and
mgmt addresses).  If you dig www.hotwired.com both those addresses exist
on two machines, and are on loopbacks.  There's a bunch of nice tricks
you can pull.  But I feel like I'm going to get flamed for straying away
from network operations.  Oops.

Dean