T3 or not to T3

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Mon Jul 22 14:17:38 UTC 1996

> On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Avi Freedman wrote:
>
> Agreed. IMO, the best place for these things is one hops away from an XP,
> either in a provider's network or behind a content provider's router that's
> connected to the XP.

Yes, 100%, I would pick MAE-East. MAE-East is the closest you are going to
get to the world, and there is more data going over it then any other
NAP. You may also want to look at putting a server up at a few NAPs, this
is what we are doing now for one of our users. This will be a HUGE www
audio provider, and they need fast access with as little delay as
possible. We will be providing them colo at MAE-East, MAE-West, and
Chicago NAP. The people they are accessing the site will then hit a image
map and get served out of the closest server.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales at netrail.net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34