Why aren't ISPs providing stratum 1 NTP service?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Mon Jul 22 00:13:43 UTC 1996

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> WWW-authentication (you have to auth to each differently named server...
> suppose your net connection fluctuates while you're surfing and you get
> bounced elsewhere).

Route dampening...

> >Life is never perfect. ;-)

> There are better solutions... and we'd be better off if one of them is
> standardized and we use it instead.

Is anything like this planned for HTTP 1.1? or 1.2?
It might be easier to get something like this into a standard if somebody
hacks up part of the solution and runs it for a while as I described
with redirects. Then the standards makers can say, "Hey here is a great
idea and we can solve all these problems with it by incorporating it into
HTTP 1.2".

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049