sell shell accounts?

Karl Denninger, MCSNet karl at mcs.com
Fri Jul 19 22:55:14 UTC 1996

> > This is true.  But show me a model in which this works and which can update
> > that forwarding table 20x/second (at full load WHILE switching packets).
> >
> > That's what Netstar claims.
> >
> > CISCO can't even *dream* of getting close to this level of performance.
>
> > Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
>
> I think I'd be happy if it could update the entire forwarding table
> (only) a few times a second, but could switch a few gigabits worth of IP
> packets per second.
>
> Avi

Uh, the Netstar box *IS* called the "Gigarouter".

There's a reason for that ;-)

-
--
Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!