The root nameservers will be replaced August 1st

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Wed Jul 17 13:46:17 UTC 1996

I have long advocated moving the root nameservers to XPs.  It makes
considerable traffic sense.  But I have also always advocated that these
servers be owned and operated by the XP, not by some third party.  To do
otherwise would be an administrative nightmare....

You mean I have to go out and actually read those 100 messages a day
coming from newdom.... :-(

WSimpson at UMich.edu
BSimpson at MorningStar.com