The root nameservers will be replaced August 1st

Paul A Vixie paul at vix.com
Wed Jul 17 05:43:38 UTC 1996

> If the information in the following message means what I think it means in
> then somebody is colocating an entire new set of root nameservers at
> exchange points within the USA if not internationally.

Yes.  However, we are expecting exchange point operators to show some kind
of common sense, which means asking the IANA before they sign onto such a
project.

> Can they do this? Or are they bluffing?

The right question is: if they build it, will anybody come?  I think "not."

Karl and Eugene are in this for the money.  They would love to live in a
world where registry operators had to pay _them_ for TLD's.

Wishing won't make it so.