Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

Dick St.Peters stpeters at NetHeaven.com
Sun Jan 28 20:43:20 UTC 1996

Avi Freedman writes:
> Along the way, it was made clear that the NIC wasn't interested in
> Sprint's filtering policies and would not make allocations based on it.

I'm just a country network jockey and don't understand all this stuff,
but Avi's comment is a perfect lead-in ...

What's been bothering me is that Sprint is filtering at /19 in 206/8
but just allocated me a /21 out of 206/8.  Since my largest customer
is leaning on me to multi-home, and since I view Sprint's filtering as
indicative of what others are likely to do RSN, I begged Sprint to
allocate a block the size of the smallest block they would route if I
had gotten it from another NSP.

Is it unfair to ask Sprint to make allocations based on its own
filtering policies?

When I multihome and Pennsauken is down, will Sprint's filtering cut
me off from access to other Sprint customers via my alternative path?

--
Dick St.Peters,         Gatekeeper, Pearly Gateway, Ballston Spa, NY
stpeters at NetHeaven.com  Owner/operator, NetHeaven 518-885-1295/1-800-910-6671