Interconnects at NANOG

Tim Salo salo at msc.edu
Wed Jan 3 19:58:14 UTC 1996

> Date: Wed, 03 Jan 1996 12:03:48 -0700 (MST)
> From: Ehud Gavron <GAVRON at ACES.COM>
> Subject: Re: Interconnects at NANOG
> To: srh at merit.edu
> Cc: nanog at merit.edu, GAVRON at ACES.COM
>
> Can we agree that there's no longer any difference between MAE, NAP, and
> Interconnect?  [with the exception of ``the four priority NAPs'']
>
> Nit: Tucson has the C before the S...

It is probably still appropriate to use the term "NAP" to refer to those
interconnect points which are sponsored by the NSF under solicitation
93-52.

The solicitation specifies the duties of a NAP Manager organization;
read it for details.

I believe that the NSF has three or four contracts (Cooperative Agreements
to be more precise) in place with NAP Managers for the Sprint, MFS,
Ameritech and PacBell NAPs.  (I don't know whether Ameritech and PacBell
are one or two Cooperative Agreements, although it is probably easy
to look it up.)

-tjs