Certified ISP Engineer program announcement

Paul Frommeyer corwin at milo.palas.com
Tue Feb 20 02:13:05 UTC 1996

Dave (doleary at cisco.com) sez:
>If you send me $2500 and proof that you know what you are doing, and
>you have at least 5 years experience as an ISP, then I'll send you
>a nice certificate that says you are a certified ISP.

What's wrong with the current method?:

	1) Purchase 1 or more routers (your choice of mfgr., model, config)
	2) Establish peering at one or more NAPs/MAEs with more than 10 peers
		including at least two backbone providers
	3) If at the end of six months you
		a) still have the same set of initial peers
	and
		b) have received one or more requests for peering which you
			have accepted

	4) Then you are a CIE. :-)

Cheers,
	Paul

                          Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer
        Work              Internet Engineer, CCIE               Play
 ISP Systems Engineer     (non-certified ;-)          Network Sorcerer At Large
 Cisco Systems, Inc.                                    Paul's Fone Company
 pfrommey at cisco.com                                       corwin at palas.com
      *** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***