[NIC-960209.1757] Routing Problem (fwd)

Alan B. Clegg abc at gateway.com
Thu Feb 15 15:41:15 UTC 1996

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Paul Ferguson wrote:

[How to get a block]

> Creating a consortium [akin to the NAP model] of small ISP's could
> easily resolve this problem, if all address space allocated to each
> ISP was contiguous and could be aggregated to a larger prefix.

But, this would require working with your direct competition in your
local geographic area.

Ain't gonna happen.

No way, No How.

The whole point of getting the bigger address space is to be better than
your competition (multi-homed, etc etc.)

(not that I don't *WANT* it to happen, it just isn't going to.)

-abc
                                      \             Alan B. Clegg
         Just because I can            \            Internet Staff
        does not mean I will.           \          gateway.com, inc.
                                         \     <http://www.gateway.com/>