ISP Domain Auction

Craig A. Huegen c-huegen at quad.quadrunner.com
Mon Feb 12 16:26:10 UTC 1996

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, mike wrote:

> Well, this is because it is not into your pocket? I think it is totaly
> legit what the guy is doing. He bought the names, paid for it, and can do
> whatever he wants with it. He has the RIGHTS! You guys forced him to pay
> for it, now you pay for your stupidity to ask money for domain names, not
> for the registration effort.

No.  I'll bet he _hasn't_ paid for it.

I'll put $20 on my hunch that all of the names will be un-registered
anyway because he refuses to pay the InterNIC's fee imposed last year.

   Domain Name: CZECHOSLOVAKIA.COM
   Record created on 29-Jul-95.

   Domain Name: CHECKS.COM
   Record created on 26-Apr-95.

His apparent plan to get all these free domain names and sell them off has
been thwarted by the InterNIC's policy.  It's the InterNIC policy which
has caused him to want to sell all of these.

Just let the public forum where that was posted know that they'll expire
anyway when the InterNIC doesn't receive money from him.

/cah