[NIC-960209.1757] Routing Problem (fwd)

mike mn at tremere.ios.com
Mon Feb 12 13:41:36 UTC 1996

On Sun, 11 Feb 1996, Robert Du Gaue wrote:

> > No circularity about it.  First, you need customers.  Second, if you
> > already have enough customers, you get your own IP space.
> >
> > Until then, you get a small chunk out of somebody else's bigger IP space.
>
> Yeah right. You try that with a growing business. Then when you finally
> get enough users and corporate customers to 'justify' your own 64block and
> then give them the news that their entire networks will now need to be
> reconfigured how do you think they'll react. If I was that big, the amount
> of money it would cost me and my end-users would not be trivial.

I had posted this ridicularity long time ago. As long as the Internic is
not legally controlled, there will be no help. It is still a community of
individuals running the show, without any legal supervision, nor any way
of legal recourse.

Mike

                                                   IDT
Michael F. Nittmann                             ---------
Senior Network Architect                        \       /
(201) 928 4456                                   -------
(201) 928 1888 FAX                                \   /
mn at tremere.ios.com                                 ---
                                                   IOS