Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Feb 1 22:29:21 UTC 1996

> > > Another factoid to consider - I know of a company that has a Class C that
> > > they don't use.  To my knowledge, nobody has ever even asked that
> > > they give it up.  Some automated email process could do this without
> > > much effort.
> > >
> > 	Well, almost.  The IPGR robot is, in fact, doing just that.
>
> Based on never having received such an email and knowing of
> several others who haven't either, I disagree.

	"All in good time my pretty..."
	We are working on the 192.x.x.x swamp right now.
	Rough estimates (with much more accurate data @ NANOG)

		60% - invalid or missing contact information
		25% - in use & unwilling to renumber
		15% - willing to renumber or return

	This is from ~6,000 delegated entries.  If all goes well,
	we can find some new area to work on sometime in later this
	year.

	Have any suggestions?  198.x.x.x?  The old /16 space?

--bill