NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

Tony Li tli at jnx.com
Fri Dec 20 20:07:47 UTC 1996

   Ok, yes they added some memory and it is faster, but they needed to put a
   MUCH bigger CPU in that box. It was a jump, but not as big as the one we
   all needed. The 7500 was not any new technology, just adding more of the
   current. And no we are not tunneling through another backbone, we run our
   backbone over Cascade 9000 with clear channel DS3s.

You should be more specific about _why_ you want a MUCH bigger CPU.  IMHO,
the box needs more packet switching capacity (and more backplane
bandwidth), but there's enough CPU there for the OS.

Tony