NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Fri Dec 20 16:10:54 UTC 1996

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Avi Freedman wrote:

> > On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Avi Freedman wrote:
> >
> > > For CPUs and memory it most certainly is...
> > >
> > > What 7500s are you using?
> >
> > Using 7513s at my smaller cities, and Netstar 1600 and Cascade 9000s at my
> > 9 major cities.
>
> And you don't find the 7500 a big jump over the 7000?
> What are you trying to do, IP tunnel your data through another backbone?

Ok, yes they added some memory and it is faster, but they needed to put a
MUCH bigger CPU in that box. It was a jump, but not as big as the one we
all needed. The 7500 was not any new technology, just adding more of the
current. And no we are not tunneling through another backbone, we run our
backbone over Cascade 9000 with clear channel DS3s.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales at netrail.net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34