NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

David Schwartz davids at wiznet.net
Tue Dec 17 19:24:16 UTC 1996

	I'm quite curious how they handle full-duplex FDDI where
witholding the token doesn't seem to be an option. Do they simply drop
packets when traffic gets bursty?

	Ironically, I'd prefer they drop the packet bound for a busy port
rather than stop all incoming traffic from a port until the busy port
frees.

	If anyone has experience with NetStar's GigaRouters, especially
in comparison to the GigaSwitches, I'd love to hear about it. You can
reach me at davids at wiznet.net.

	DS