NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

Sanjay Dani (maillists) indus at professionals.com
Mon Dec 16 22:17:12 UTC 1996

> From: dvv at sprint.net (Dima Volodin)
> More of that - at least one site uses one of our hosts as a target of
> pings for measuring "Internet health".
> We consider this to be an abuse of our resources

Perhaps they are evaluating you against other backbone providers
by sending an icmp packet every few minutes. Is that still considered
abuse or an incentive to you to potentially gain business by keeping your
sites up all the time?

Our potential clients evaluate us by visiting our web site
to just see the performance.

Sanjay.