Exchanges that matter...

Alec H. Peterson chuckie at panix.com
Mon Dec 9 03:24:40 UTC 1996

On Dec 8, 1996, Jeremy Porter wrote:

> MFS can't even do full duplex ethernet.  Of course, I don'
> know of any other people offering full duplex LAN connection
> services.  Party is related to the old ethernet switches,
> that didn't support it.  But I haven't been able to convince them
> to sell me full duplex anything yet.  (Clear channel DS3 or T-1,
> but not much else).

I think the Cat5 can do it, but most routers don't support it on
10mbit ethernet interfaces (ciscos will do it on 100mbit ones,
though).

MFS does seem reluctant to do full duplex, though.  I'd be interested
to hear their reasoning.

Alec

--
|Alec Peterson - chuckie at panix.com   | Panix Public Access Internet and UNIX|