Agenda for next NANOG - interest in domain names?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sat Aug 31 17:02:50 UTC 1996

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Tim Salo wrote:

> On the other hand, I don't know that NANOG is the right forum for this.

Seems to me the issue is adequately documented at
http:www.patents.com/nsi.sht and possibly there may be some documents
on the resource page at http://www.memra.com/ndbg.html that also apply.

Two good reasons not to discuss it at NANOG are that NSI does have a
domain-policy mailing list and other than taking up the issue with the
company, they are operating under a co-operative agreement with NSF and
the FNC (http://www.nfs.gov and http://www.fnc.gov) which takes it
straight into the realm of politics. And since NSI registers international
domains the issue has even been discussed within the ITU and at OECD
meetings.

Do you REALLY want to know more? Then go to this meeting at Harvard on
September 8th http://ksgwww.harvard.edu/iip/cai.html

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049