Customer AS

Chris MacFarland chris at computek.net
Fri Aug 23 14:34:40 UTC 1996

Jon Zeeff wrote:

> Isn't this the provider that says that dual-homing to them (ie, not
> to another provider) should always be adequate?

Yep this is sprintlink.  Sprint has been having route flapping problems for
the
past 3 days.  Their NOC and engineers have been unable to pinpoint it.
The master ticket from customer maintenance 6554885 said the cause was
IS-IS routing problems.

> > As a sprintlink customer I can say that today was from hell.  Couldn't
> > reach *any* of the root nameservers for about 2-3 hours, of course
before >  >I
> > discovered it was a sprintlink problem I killed and restarted named
thus
> > loosing my cache :-( and things still aren't back to normal.  NOC said
that
> > they were having major "route-flapping" problems, and were trying to
> > determine the source of the problem.  I hope they've figured it out.

You were lucky.  Looking at my routing table shows the majority of the
routes from sprintlink to be about 6 hours old.  This is best I have seen
in the past few days.  Most of the time the routes from them have been less
than 20 minutes old.

Chris MacFarland
CompuNet