Customer AS

Alex.Bligh amb at xara.net
Mon Aug 19 22:29:35 UTC 1996

Curtis,

> The mistakes that I was referring to is the more specifics that *are*
> in the IRR and are announced even though there is no good reason to
> announce them.  If I look throught the routes we accept, there are
> quite a few long lists of contiguous /24s with identical ASpaths.
> Some of them have aggregates but perhaps the aggregator hasn't
> discovered "summary-only".

Ah. So this was the automation Sean was referring to - not
accepting more specifics of routes with identical AS paths.

telehouse1#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
telehouse1(config)#router bgp 5413
telehouse1(config-router)# neighbor x.x.x.x filter-list 199 in summary-only

... Pipedream? I think it would actually be implementatable. I see
Paul F has managed to get himself on the CC list :-)

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks