Customer AS

Per Gregers Bilse bilse at EU.net
Sat Aug 17 13:24:44 UTC 1996

What would happen if the customer used private address space and NAT
& ALGs to hook this into the two providers' CIDR space?  At worst,
address space consumption would be doubled (if the customer really
needs a full /24 internally), but when we're talking about a couple
of /24s versus routing yet another prefix, I think that's preferable.
Has anybody noticed that the net global routing table has bumped 40k
a couple of times recently?  Would the registries have problems with
this approach?

Another issue is that the I-must-be-multihomed-to-different-providers
mantra frequently isn't anything else than a funny idea in somebody's
head.

--
------ ___                        --- Per G. Bilse, Mgr Network Operations Ctr
----- /     /  /   __   ___  _/_ ---- EUnet Communications Services B.V.