ANNOUNCEMENT: NANOG Registration

William B. Norton wbn at umich.edu
Thu Aug 15 19:58:30 UTC 1996

Looking forward to seeing you at the next NANOG, to be held Oct. 24-25
in Ann Arbor.  Info about hotels, the University of Michigan, and Ann
Arbor is available from:

    http://www.ra.net/~nanog

At the past couple of NANOG meetings, we've discussed the possibility of
implementing a registration fee to help offset the costs of hosting and
running the meetings.  With the increasing size of the conferences, it's
become more and more difficult for organizations other than large
corporations to cover the cost of hosting a NANOG.  Our survey at the San
Diego meeting indicated that most of you wouldn't find it a problem to pay
a registration fee.  For these reasons, we'll be implementing a $100 fee
starting at the Ann Arbor NANOG.  Our hope is to help offset host expenses,
particularly for non-commercial hosting agencies. We will also use the funds
to improve the consistency of the meeting by, for example, providing a
high-power projector for laptop presentations.

When you register for the NANOG there will be four ways to pay the
registration fee:  1) by entering a credit card in the web form, 2) by
faxing the credit card info, or 3) by calling it in and reading the
necessary information, or 4) by mailing the registration information with a
check.  Details about how to do these are on the NANOG registration page.

Cheers -

Bill