audio/video again

Ehud Gavron GAVRON at ACES.COM
Tue Aug 6 09:44:07 UTC 1996

Dick, you wrote:
>RFC compliance could even be turned into a marketing
>advantage, which would put pressure on other networks to comply as
>well.

	RFCs form Internet guidelines, notes, and standards.  They
	are not marketing advantages, brochure fillers, reasons,
	pressure-points, or massage techniques.

	You've shown usual lack of understanding of bandwidth
	usage, conservation, and reservation, despite many comments
	from Michael and others.

>I much prefer pressuring developers than pressuring users, but I think
>anyone who runs a "retail" network or is aware of mailbombing
>software, spamming software, or cracking software knows that being
>part policeman and part parent comes with the territory.  "Bad"
>applications will be written no matter what the RFC says.

	RFCs don't pressure developers or users, and has nothing to do
	with your seriously messed-up religious viewpoints on "retail
	networks" or whatever else you were typing while your prozac
	wore off.

	Please don't make it any worse by
	calling for an RFC ''so marketing can force'' some solution
	you don't understand to a problem you can't define on a network
	you don't run or ever will grok.

--
	Ehud
	Net.signature less than 5 lines, including --