audio/video again

Henk Smit hsmit at cisco.com
Mon Aug 5 23:41:48 UTC 1996

Per G. Bilse wrote:
> In the good (but somewhat boring) old
> days, there wasn't really a lot of applications outside the normal
> UNIX and TCP-based environment, with multicasting being the exception

  Yesterday I watch a "cyber-TV-program" on US TV. They showed a "cool
 screensaver" that was continuously displaying new stock quotes it was
 getting over the net. And another screensaver that displayed video
 pictures of the Olympic Games.
  What worries me here is that people are developing applications that
 use (lots of) bandwidth, even when people are not even using their
 computers.

       Henk.