Peering Policies and Route Servers

bmanning at isi.edu bmanning at isi.edu
Tue Apr 30 18:59:38 UTC 1996

> > > (2) Could anyone share opinions/facts regarding why organizations may or
> > > may not exchange routes via the Route Servers rather than direct peering
> > > relationships at the NAPs?
> >
> > 	I know of no case where an organization "may not" exchange routes
> > 	with the Route Servers.
>
> I do, AS1800..
>
> --Peter

Hum...  Lets looks at this for a bit.

27% whois 1800
SPRINT (ASN-ICMNET-2)

    Autonomous System Name: ICM-Atlantic
    Autonomous System Number: 1800

ICM is the NSF project for International Connection Mangment yes?
Are you intimating that the NSF ICM contract prohibits it from
working with the NSF RA project?

Perhaps someone from the NSF would be willing to give us a reading
here.  I had thought that these two NSF projects were to work together
to improve the stability of the global Internet routing system.

I'd would appreciate some clarification here.

--
--bill