Peering Policies and Route Servers

Elise Gerich epg at merit.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:10:05 UTC 1996

The organizations that export/import routes via the
route servers may find:

1) the routers have fewer configured peers therefore resulting
in less load on the routers
2) the route servers have route flap dampening implemented thereby
insulating the peer from a high number of routing updates
3) the route servers do the routing computations which results
in freeing significant amounts of processing time on the peer
routers
4) a reduction in the time and energy (people resources) needed to
establish new peering relationships

            --Elise