Sprints definition on NAPs (question)

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Tue Apr 30 01:35:06 UTC 1996

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Marcos Della wrote:

> Ok, I have been told repeatedly that I cannot peer with Sprint because I don't
> meet the three NAP list.  Ok, what is considered a NAP by sprint?  I'm
> in the process of putting a DS3 to SprintNAP so I assume that will count
> for one... PacNAP count?  Mae-East or West?

Sprint, PacBell, Ameritech, MAE-East, and MAE-West all count I think.

> Whats the official list so that I don't have to keep bouncing routes for
> Sprint customers all over kingdom come or hope for route reflections on the
> various interconnect points...

MAE-East, Sprint, PacBell, and Ameritech I think.

> Also, once you do meet the criteria, who do you talk to?  Talking to a Sprint
> salesman is like talking to a brick wall...

The peering contact guy. :-) Most NAPs give you a list of contacts.

P.S. Also with sprint you need a FULL DS3 east to west cost to peer.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales at netrail.net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest