Inter-exchange media types

bmanning at isi.edu bmanning at isi.edu
Thu Apr 25 17:06:33 UTC 1996

> The problem for the major exchanges may soon be what to do when the
> gigaswitch runs out of bandwidth.
>
> Curtis

	There are rumors/rumblings afoot that we have a operational
	600M/b thingie which now has PCI interfaces in addition
	to the existing sbus, nubus and EISA bus cards.  Now if we
	can just get infrastructure vendors to provide something
	that we can plug into,  this would potentially make a
	reasonable ExchangeNG (tm).  Imagine a lan technology that
	would keep up with multiple incoming OC3s!  (where is that
	gigabit lan technology when you need it... :)

--bill