Utah REP

Christian Nielsen cnielsen at vii.com
Wed Apr 24 03:54:13 UTC 1996

The Utah Regional Exchange Point for the State of Utah is ready to be
turned on. The first ISP/Companies will be connecting this
week. We have worked on making sure that the Utah REP is able to handle
traffic for anyone in the State of Utah.

The Utah REP is an exchange point in Utah to bring together all the
ISP/companies at one point to take the load off the Major NAPS and MAES
around the country. At this time, it takes over 15 hops, traveles around
the western US and a 25% packet loss to go about 5 miles.

The Utah REP will allow companies to exchange traffic localy but will not
be a replacement for their current connections.

The Utah REP will be located at Triad 4. If one does not already have a
connection at Triad 4 in Salt Lake City, one may bring a connection in.