NAVYJOBS.COM

edfang at visi.net edfang at visi.net
Mon Apr 22 23:06:24 UTC 1996

Why limit to companies with 200+ hosts. You open yourself to much
more trouble (read legal) if this was the case.  If you just said
everybody had to take a domain under your balanced tree aa.com ab.com
ac.com etc then you could project some sort of fairness to the whole
idea. Nobody could really complain about getting unfair treatment,
there are no openings for discussion.  Names would be delegated in
the slots that had openings.

I don't think you could get this to fly with the current nameholders,
but an interesting concept nonetheless.

Ed

> Why not to restrict first-level domains to companies
> which can demonstrate that they have 1000+ hosts?
> Companies with 200+ hosts then should use .A.COM -- .Z.COM
> (i know, some of them are taken, but that can be fixed).
> Smaller companies should use .xx.COM (and xx is NOT choosen
> by the companies -- it is just the random seed and/or
> registry ID).

<snip>