Some corrections

Scott Huddle huddle at mci.net
Tue Apr 16 19:07:40 UTC 1996

At 9:59 AM 4/16/96, William Allen Simpson wrote:
>Both Merit and CICnet are connected to MCI.  Correct?  My new
>understanding is that the problem seems to be that MCI is stuck in the
>middle there, and for some reason shunts some (but not all) OSU and
>OARnet traffic off through MAE-East, rather than passing it more
>directly to OARnet (through CICnet or otherwise).  And this is because
>of some _source_ based algorithm, since this only happens to Merit
>sourced traffic, but not other CICnet traffic, as you are using MCI to
>hold together pieces of CICnet?  Sounds bizarre to me....

Bill,

Oarnet is an MCI customer as well. they have a T3 connection to our
network at Washington and another to the Chicago area.  I think you might
be  confusing traffic to them over their dedicated line at Washington
as going over MAE-East.

Hope this clears things up,

-scott (huddle at mci.net)
MCI Internet Engineering