More on 'Number of Tiers' Discussion

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sun Apr 14 18:00:41 UTC 1996

On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Tim Bass wrote:

> The simple idea for illumination in this post is simply; It is not A Good
> Idea to propose a concrete, structured four-level superstructure
> for the Internet  (and we have not begin to look at IPv6, BTW).

Not proposing a 4-level hierarchical routing technology.
Just describing the existing operational ecology using a 4-level metaphor
as a proposed informational RFC.

Have a look at http://www.sidhe.memra.com/rough.txt if you want to see
the rough draft.

Comments please.

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael at memra.com