the Internet Backbone

Robert Bowman rob at elite.exodus.net
Wed Apr 10 13:11:37 UTC 1996

> It's because I'm an evil asshole determined to protect my
> employer's interests and make our shareholders rich.
>
> This is somewhat incompatible with protecting the interests
> of our competitors and enriching their shareholders.

cut

> Personally, I have little patience for the small and
> not-very-clueful who want to be direct competitors with a
> multibillion dollar company with lots of talent and who are
> taken to whining about my policies and those of my
> colleagues and associates, and even those of our
> competitors.  This uncharitable attitude obviously does not
> endear me to them.

These whiners will be the same "evil asshole" when they, although
it is very unlikely to happen, build their own national/international
backbone and won't peer with the regionals.

Why is Sean getting the pleasant compliments about a VERY logical
business move on behalf of his company?  People need to wisen up
and realize that this industry isn't about free things anymore..
it revolves soley around money.  Anyone that's into free help..
please call me.  We are looking for cheap labor.

Rob