CIDR,Sprint and the Big Guys.

Christopher E. Stefan flatline at ironhorse.com
Sun Apr 7 18:40:47 UTC 1996

On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Justin W. Newton wrote:

> I have worked for 3 ISP's in the past several years.  Of the three 2 peer at
> the MAE (actually the connection for one of them is still sitting in
> MaBell's in box).  This is a prohibitively small sample to be useful though.
> At most the number of ISP's dualhoming must be <= the number of assigned
> ASN#'s.  As for leaving their NSP, I am not sure that many are doing that.
> Its hard as hell to do without killling your customers.

Well in the Seattle area there are at least 3 providers who have switched
NSPs over the years.  Of course, as far as I know, all of them had portable
address space at the time.

Christopher E Stefan                         http://www.ironhorse.com/~flatline
System Administrator                         Home: (206) 706-0945
Ironhorse Software, Inc.                     Work: (206) 783-6636
flatline at ironhorse.com                       finger for PGP key